Loop staffer Kathy just finished her Novice Cardigan using Biches + Buches Le Petit Lambswooland Le Petit Silk Mohair. We love all things PetiteKnit and this piece is no exception! With its easy-fitting, round-yoked neckline and cleanly ribbed button bands, it's everything you'll ever want in a classic cardigan!
We have a deep appreciation of all things silk-mohair and love nothing more than adding a strand of its fluffy beauty to our knitting! With Biches + Buches you have the added benefit of the heathered lambswool layering in under the mohair halo.The result is a cozy, lightweight fabric with gorgeous depth of color.
Kathy says the instructions are beginner-friendly, and the project knits up quickly for both novice and experienced knitters alike!
To knit your own Novice Cardigan, you'll need:
- 4-8 balls of Biches + Bûches Le Petit Lambswool (Kathy used Medium Grey)
- 8-15 balls of Biches + Bûches Le Petit Silk Mohair (Kathy used Blue Grey)
- US 4 32" circular needles
- US 6 16" + 40" circular needles
- Novice Cardigan pattern - please note the pattern calls for 2 strands of mohair, but Kathy used one strand of mohair + one strand of lambswool instead.