Work at Loop
Lead Sales Associate
Loop is a small team of yarn lovers dedicated to helping people find the right materials and learn the skills they need to knit and crochet for themselves, their families, and their friends. We are looking for someone with knitting and customer-focused work experience to join us as a Lead Sales Associate. The hours for this position are Sunday from 9:45 AM to 4:15 PM, Monday-Wednesday, 10:45 AM to 6:15 PM.
The lead sales associate –
• Welcomes customers and provides a fun and friendly in-store experience
• Help customers select new projects
• Fixes knitting mistakes and deciphers pattern instructions.
• Maintains the shop’s cleanliness and organization
• Shares new product information and store happenings with sales associates
• Orders and receives merchandise, and maintains accurate inventory
• Contributes to planning and execution of shop events
• Creates social media content and engages with customers online
We’re looking for someone with –
• Intermediate to advanced knitting skills; crochet ability a plus.
• Previous retail or customer-centered work experience.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication abilities.
• Knowledge of yarn types and brands, knitting/crocheting techniques, and related tools.
• Experience with PC computers and basic programs.
• Ability to multitask and prioritize responsibilities.
• Ability to stand for long periods and lift boxes weighing approximately 30 pounds.
We offer –
• A competitive retail hourly wage
• A generous shop discount
• A workplace full of beautiful yarn!
• Coworkers who want to talk about knitting as much as you do!
To apply –
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include your Ravelry and Instagram handles in your cover letter. Please no calls or walk-ins.
Knitting and Crochet Teachers
Part of Loop’s mission is to help knitters and crocheters learn the skills for the projects they’d like to make, which we do in part through our on-going class schedule. We are looking for knitters and crocheters to teach our existing roster of classes and with ideas for new classes.
We pay teachers a competitive hourly rate and offer a generous store discount during any session when you are teaching.
If you’d like to join our teaching staff, please send an email to email@example.com with your knitting and/or crochet skill level, teaching experience, if any, and the projects or techniques you’d like to teach. Please no calls or walk-ins.