Artisanal workhorse yarn – made in America!
When designer Jared Flood wanted the wool yarn of his dreams – a broad range of beautiful colors, crisp stitch definition for cables and textured patterns – he created Shelter.
Since 2010 it’s been a Loop favorite that our customers and we return to time and again for sweaters, blankets, and winter accessories.
- Fleece-dyed for rich tweedy shades – 37 colors and 3 marls
- Woolen-spun for warm, yet light weight knits
- Works in a range of gauges from sport to worsted
- Fiber from Wyoming sheep, dyed in Pennsylvania, spun in New Hampshire to support American workers and companies!
Wet block Shelter for best results. The fabric will relax, bloom, and soften.
- 100% American wool
- worsted, 4.5 sts = 1 inch on US 8 (5mm) needles
- 50 grams / 140 yards
- hand wash; lay flat to dry
Free shipping on all US orders over $75.
Everyday flat rate of $5.95. Details & International rates here.
120 days to return unused yarn for store credit. Details here.
Earn 5% back with Loop Rewards.
- $1 = 1 point on all purchases, even yarn on sale
- redeem your points when you want, they never expire.
- create an account today & starting earning Loop Rewards!
Let's keep in touch!
Sign up for our newsletter & be first to hear about promotions, specials, and the latest new arrivals!